This course is presented by Whitney Gissell, a BEI Advanced level certified ASL interpreter. It is designed to demystify the black box that is mental health interpreting. Participants in the webinar will acquire skills in navigating linguistic disfluency and managing the difficult intricacies of mental health encounters.
Course objectives include:
- Identifying most common mental health disorders and brain disorders
- Understanding barriers to formulating dynamically equivalent messages
- Gaining insights to types of language disfluency
- Developing tools for navigating disfluency
- 1 ATA
- .1 BEI
- 1 CCHI
- 1 WA DSHS
- .1 IMIA
- .1 RID (This course has been approved for .1 RID CEUs by the Texas Society of Interpreters for the Deaf (TSID). TSID has a $10 processing fee. They waive that fee for current TSID members.).